Thursday, March 11, 2010

So Much To Say...

I haven't written lately for many reasons. Mainly because I have so much to say. I know, that doesn't make any sense. What I mean is that when my head and heart is full of so much, it all becomes jumbled and almost impossible for me to make into a coherent blog.

The most important thing that has been going on is the situation with my father in law. He is still in the hospital in Baton Rouge. He is conscious and somewhat coherent. He has moments of real lucidness but for the most part he is still extremely confused. Perhaps the hardest thing to watch is how out of character he is at this point. The doctors say they are hopeful for a full recovery and that it will just take somet time. It's hard to be patient because it's hard not to let your mind wander to places of pure fear. The "what ifs" are abundant and terrifying. What if he stays this confused? What if his memory doesn't come back? What if he STAYS so out of character? If "if" was a "skiff"...right?

So for the most part we have spent every free moment either in Baton Rouge visiting him or on the road to or from there. It's exhausting, though I'm not complaining because I can only imagine how tired my mother in law is.

On a lighter note, Chloe has open house at school tonight. She is super excited. I volunteer at her school pretty often, so I have seen most of the work she has done. That being said, she is super excited that her daddy and little brother will be able to go and see how busy she has been learning all year. I really cannot believe her first year of school is coming to an end. This year has flown by and I often find myself wishing I could turn back the clock. My little baby girl is going to be in first grade before I know it....waaaaaaahhhhhh!

Hunter is also growing like a weed. He is starting to talk so much! I've treasured this year home with him so much. You never realize how much you're missing as a working parent until you are no longer a working parent. I have been so blessed to watch my little man blossom and grow. He is beginning to talk in sentences and once you are around him enough, you can understand just about everything he is trying to say. We love him more than words could ever express and he really did complete this family.

Spring break is next week and we have big plans. I refuse to just sit around the house all week so I've filled the days with activities. No doubt I will be ready to keel over and die after it is all said and done but you only live once, right?

I apologize for the randomness of this post. Like I said, too much going on right now.

Until next time...CNS

No comments: