Friday, September 12, 2008

First Post and Hurricane Ike...

Well, to start, I am completely nervous about writing my very first blog post. I am constantly reading other blogs (yes, I have been a lurker so please forgive my creepiness) and enjoying them so much that I have been longing to start one myself for some time. To be honest, I just haven't had the guts. What if it is terrible? What if everyone hates it? Will they think I am completely lame? Oh, and when will I find the time. See, I have a 4 year old daughter and a son that turned one just yesterday. I certainly have my hands full. Anyway, I decided to go for it so here we are. Please forgive me if you hate it...

Now, about Hurricane Ike. UGH. That sums it up best. I should be used to this. I have lived on the Gulf Coast my entire life but each time I am faced with a storm I begin to panic at the 11th hour.

Most would ask why we didn't leave. That's simple. It is almost scarier to leave than it is to stay. There is never enough gas. And, even if you have a full tank, it is possible you will be stuck on the highway for 12+ hours and run out and then there is really none to be found. In my book, that is much scarier.

Anyway, I am sure that isn't anything you all don't already know.

So, we are staying put. I just hope it doesn't scare the kids too bad. That would hurt my heart. And, I am also hoping we won't be without power for too long because if there is one thing that i have learned to dread more than the wind and rain it is the unbearable HEAT that occurs after the storm and before the electricity comes back.

I know I am new here, but if anyone actually is kind enough to read this blog, please pray for us and I promise to blog again to update as soon as I can.

Who knows? Maybe this will be the start on my eternal blogging career.

Until next time...

No comments: