Monday, December 8, 2008

Because 30 is the new 40, right?

What the hell does that mean anyway? 30 is 30 and 40 is 40 but whatever. Seemed like an appropriate enough title for the day of my 30th birthday. Otherwise known as FREAK OUT day.

Just kidding. Kind of.

In all honesty, 30 is my scary age and I have been dreading this birthday for most of my adult life. I mean, it just seems like a milestone that I am not entitled to yet. I don't feel like I've done enough. It's like I haven't earnedit. Does that make sense? Do I ever?

Anyway, so the day has arrived and it isn't all so bad. I don't feel any different. Maybe I should but I don't. And really, I am kinda relieved to say goodbye to my twenties anyway. I mean, I had some good years. Some of the BEST years of my life. I got married and had babies. But, it is now time to move on and I think I am finally ready.

So, here I am. I am THIRTY years old and I am fine with it...

Now, that is what I call maturity!!

In other news, we attended my company Christmas party this weekend which was GORGEOUS as usual and we had an entire night without both kids which has never happened before. Let me tell you, we had a good time!!

Then on Sunday we got our Christmas tree and decorated the house and yard. It is beginning to finally look like Christmas at the Schneider house.

Tonight is Ray's company Christmas dinner and obviously it happened to fall on the night of my birthday. The scary part is that it is at a local Mexican restaurant and I made Ray swear there would be no singing to me while forcing me to wear a sombrero. I would sooner die and I hope his co-workers are aware of this.

Hope everyone is gearing up for Christmas and having a great week.

Me, I am gonna go ahead and begin to enjoy my next decade.

Until next time...CNS

No comments: