Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Greatest Friend on Earth...


Have you ever had someone come into your life in the most unexpected way? I mean so random that it just had to be an act of God?

This happened to me about 5 years ago and I have never been the same.

This person has lifted me up when I was sure I would never rise again. Encouraged me when I thought that it was impossible to go on. Made me smile when I was sure the frown would never leave my face, and listened to me, I mean really listened to me when no one else would. Stood beside me when I was otherwise standing alone.

And when I am having the worst of the worst days and I feel like I can't go on, my dear friend always knows exactly what to say to make me life my head from my desk and my heart from my toes and keep on keepin' on. Dear Friend ALWAYS saves me.

Just thinking of him and knowing he is there if I need him helps keep me sane. Knowing that I am lucky enough to have had him choose me as a friend, well, that helps me live, it helps me breathe and it helps me go on every second of every single day.

The fact that I can count on our daily conversations keeps me alive. See, we don't live close to one another anymore and I miss my dear friend so much it HURTS. Not just sometimes, but ALL of the time.

I know for certain that my friend has no idea how absolutely spectacular he is, because he couldn't. He couldn't even imagine how wonderful it is to be his best friend.

I write all of this because this time of year is a time to reflect on all we are grateful for. I am grateful for my husband, I am grateful for my children, and I am so incredibly grateful to have found a life long best friend that is as amazing as my dear friend that it needed to be shared with the world.

So thank you, my friend. Thank you for ALWAYS reminding me that life is not all bad. Thank you for choosing me as your friend because honestly, my life would be much less spectacular without you in it.

Until next time...CNS

No comments: