Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fabulous Weekend

Hi! Sorry I haven't been blogging this week, I know you all are just plain devastated over it. But, things have been a little crazier than they normally are.



On Saturday, Chloe had her first game and she ROCKED it. She was awesome and we were so proud. She scored eight goals and the other team only scored two as a whole. We were so excited that she might have finally found her niche. One of the other moms came up to me and gave me the best compliment I could ever wish for as a mother. She said that it wasn't just that Chloe was talented at the game itself, but that she was such a good sport. She helped her teammates when they fell down (which at 4 years old, they did quite often) and she also tried to encourage her teammates have fun by passing them the ball and such, instead of hamming up the talent she exhibited and being a ball hog. I got all teary-eyed during that conversation because that is what I hoped to instill in my children;to be kind and compassionate to others. Hopefully, this is an indicator that she has adopted some of what we have tried to teach her.



Sunday was spent shopping at one of the best malls in the city with my hubby. My mom kept the kids and so we got some time alone. Add that with a trip to a spectacular mall and who could ask for more??



I have started my Christmas shopping and it is so stressful. I am always so worried that I won't buy the right thing. That the people I buy for won't enjoy their gift. That they will give that half fake smile all the while wondering, "what was she thinking?". I know, I know. That is so not the point of this holiday. But, I am the type of person that truly enjoys giving gifts. At times, I can barely stop myself from giving the gift before the upcoming occasion. Anyhow, I am super stoked about the holidays and hope that I am able to finish before the madness begins.

On Monday Hunter will have tubes put in his ears. This has been a long time coming since he has had a constant ear infection for the last 6 months. It was supposed to be done on the 15th of September but stupid Hurricane Ike ruined that. So, prayers would be nice.

Until next time...CNS

No comments: