Sunday, October 26, 2008

Quiet Time On This Sunday Morning.

It's funny how as we get older we realize things about ourselves. I mean, I have been "me" my whole life, you would like I would know everything about "me" by now. Apparently not.

See, it started yesterday. I woke up around 6:30am and was feeling rather refreshed (which is NOT normal} for me. I decided that instead of lying there and forcing myself into those past few moments of sleep, that I would get up, make a fresh pot of coffee, and tidy the house up a bit before the human tornadoes I named Chloe and Hunter rose from their slumber.

And ya'll, it was QUIET. And, it was fulfilling. And, it was stress free. And I ashamed it admit I was a bit disappointed when they awoke around 7am. Don't get me wrong, I love spending the mornings with my children. For me, those are the most precious moments. For just the first hour or so of he morning, they are SWEET.

Please don't misunderstand me, I do have charming children most of the time. Well, let's get serious, I have an angelic 13 month old baby boy who is delightful most of the time. THEN, I have a 4.5 year old daughter who acts just like her mother 99% of the time, and that is all I will say about that for fear of losing what few blogging friends I do have.

OK, so I went off on a tangent there. The point is, I enjoyed yesterday morning so much that when I stirred for the first time this morning around 6am, instead of going back to sleep, I got up and made a pot of coffee and enjoyed my "me" time. It is wonderful! I mean on the weekdays when I work, I can't do it but on the weekends this will definitely be my new routine from now on. It made me a much more pleasant mommy yesterday (and wife too) because before I could even ask for someone to give me a break, I had already had one!

It went on to be a fabulous family day with Chloe's soccer game and then my company picnic. Days like yesterday make me really appreciate my husband and children even more than I naturally do and I love feeling that way!!

So as I start my quiet morning today (well, it actually just ended because my sweet baby girl just walked from her room to the living room all sleepy-eyed, I will give thanks for all that I have and I will strive to make today even better than the pleasant day we had yesterday.

Mommy time in the morning helps that! And, you know it must be good to make me drag my derriere out of bed before absolutely necessary.

And now I must go, the rumblings from the bedrooms has begun. Mommy is ready to report to duty, already armed with two cups of coffee!

What about ya'll? How and when do you guys find time to yourself in order to keep yourself balanced?

Wishing you all a blesses Sunday.

Until next time...CNS

No comments: