Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Just What I Needed...

So, as some of you might remember from a few days ago, I have been feeling a little down on myself concerning my mommy skills. Well, to add insult to injury, my baby boy developed a BLOOD INFECTION from an apparent insect bite on his finger. I think he might have bitten while I was letting him play, and run, and frolic in the grass at Big Sister's soccer practice. And while he enjoyed himself immensely, the nasty insects were enjoying my sweet baby a little too.

Well, that was the icing on the cake. I suck. And then my bestest friend in the whole wide world, knowing I was down on my parenting luck sent me this:

You really are a great mommy, please don’t take this wrong…Hunter has health problem that most parent couldn’t handle but will grow up stronger that us all, Chloe is perfect, smarter than us and energetic but not the model of what the teachers/society may want (screw them BTW, she will be the president one day), so she needs extra attention and more of every aspect of your time. My point is…God gave them to the right girl. Ray would be dead without you, Acergy would have to hire 3 – 5 persons to replace you and I need you more than I can admit, and those babies, well they are in the perfect place. i don’t know how to say this and not sound condescending but here goes… I am proud of you everyday; I do not know of a better employee, a better mother, a better wife or a better friend. I think you are so great that I count myself lucky and will put it on my list if I get to the pearly gates; that you are my friend and that I may hold a small part of your heart; so I can’t be all bad right? I never take it for granted that you make time for me, I love you.

I mean, really. I was speechless. Do friends get any better than this? It made perfect sense, really. No matter what, my babies are in the right place. They were meant for me. And now, I finally get it. I don't have to be perfect. I just have to be me. Because I love my babies and I try my hardest each and every day. So, while I am flawed, I am strong. I love my kids and I love being a mother. Amen.

Don't be gettin all jealous about my awesome friend either.

Until next time...CNS

No comments: