Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sweet 16?

Seriously, while flipping through the channels, I landed on MTV. Now, usually MTV is good for mindless television on a otherwise boring day. Keeping me up with my guilty pleasure, which I am ashamed to admit, is "reality" TV.

So, while I have seen glimpses of this particular show, the show they call "Sweet 16", I have never really watched an episode because it is nauseating.

Well, I made the mistake. I did it. And, it was worse than I could have imagined. Not only are these parents dropping hundreds of thousands of dollars on BIRTHDAY parties for their SIXTEEN year old CHILDREN, they are raising pure evil offspring.

These girls are not only ungrateful, they are rude and disrespectful and unpleasant. Trust me, I could go on. They speak to adults like I would not talk to my dog (although, I do talk pretty sweet to my dog, but you get the picture).

I mean, maybe I could try to wrap my brain around these extravagant parties if they were raising sweet, respectful, productive human beings. But, on the contrary. How does this happen? Who thinks this is ok?

For instance, on one episode a girl just had to have a Jaguar. Brand spanking new Jaguar. Well, her mother decided it would be a great idea to not only purchase this car for her spoiled, stinkin' rotten 16 year old, but to give it to her at her party rehearsal rather than the actual party. She is probably like me (well she is NOTHING like me) and just couldn't wait to see her baby's face light up when she gave her the gift of her dreams. Well, this brat (I could think of a better world, but will refrain from offending anyone) throws an all out fit claiming that her mother has RUINED her birthday and her party by not presenting her with this extravagant and unneccessary gift in from of all of her friends. Because apparently that is the point behind it all.

This is sickening ya'll.

And, most of these people are considerably wealthy. You can tell by their homes. However, some of them you can tell are not quite what you might call wealthy, yet they try to buy their children's happiness by sending themselves into bankruptcy for a birthday party!

I could go on, but I won't. Because I cannot seem to convey my disgust properly onto this blog. But ya'll. Let me tell you, I. am. disgusted.

Anyway, hope you all voted today. I hope and pray that this country is smart and strong enough to make the right decision. If not, I pray that God helps us over the next four years!

Until next time...CNS

No comments: