Friday, February 5, 2010

John Edwards Is A Scumbag

Look, I normally try not to judge people by their mistakes or lack of morality. Ok, well maybe I do, but I don't normally profess my distaste to the world. But, I just cannot NOT declare my disdain for this man. Here's why...

Because while everyone makes mistakes, everyone does not commit adultery while their wife is terminally ill. Everyone does not father a secret love child with some skank while allowing their dying wife to believe that the affair is over, and he is trying desperately for forgiveness.

Because while I believe that your marriage is your own business, I also believe that when you have a loving and DEDICATED spouse you at least owe it to her to let her know that sooner rather than later news of this love child is bound to be known to the entire WORLD. I mean this kid isn't going anywhere and the assistant that you paid to say he was the father, well, I mean how well did you REALLY think that was gonna work out??

Because while everyone but him is handling the situation with dignity and grace, it is an unthinkable position for him to have placed any of these people in. People he vowed to love and care about. What about this innocent baby?? What about his older three innocent children? What about honoring the memory of the child he and his wife so tragically lost in 1996?

Because if he is such an educated man, did he REALLY believe that making a sex tape with his mistress was going to keep their affair a secret? Did he really think that a sex tape, of all things, would not come out in the face of a presidential election?

Because did I mention that his wife has Stage 4 incurable cancer? So, even if he was not aware of that fact when the affair began, surely he was aware of it as it continued during her illness. Does he have no soul?

I am done. Please rest assured that I could go on for pages and pages but the scumbag just really isn't worth my time.

Until next time...CNS

No comments: