Sunday, February 21, 2010



Yesterday, we set out to have a wonderful family day. The weather was cool but not cold and couldy but not rainy. A perfect day in my book. As far as we were concerned, the possibilities were endless.

I had been craving nachos for days so we started at our favorite Mexican restaraunt which the kids were thrilled about. I swear to you, Chloe could survive on beans and queso alone and she would never be sick of it. Hunter was pretty stoked too, hence the pic above of him wearing the top of the tortilla holder as his own mini sombrero. We stuffed our bellies and headed out for the next stop.

I had been itching to take them to this place called "Old McDonald's Farm". It's right down the road from the house which was a major plus since we spend so much of our time on the road in the car. I wanted some place fun but close. I am so tired of spending more time getting to and from places than the time we spend actually enjoying whatever it is we set out to do.

So, back to "Old McDonald's Farm"...it is several acres of land, which houses all different animals in pens. Almost all of these pens are accessible to the kids so that they can pet and feed the animals. It's pretty awesome the watch the kids interact with the animals on such a personal level. I knew my kids would love it, because they are animals lovers just like their parents.

In addition to the petting zoo type stuff, there are also several large playgrounds and horses to ride and rope swings over piles of hay. Just tons of stuff for the kids to do and see. Chloe LOVED riding the ponies. Hunter had a blast chasing down turkeys and peacocks. It was tons of fun and the kids had an awesome time.

Of course, the day would not be complete without at least a little bit of complaining. So, I did become the "most boringest mom EVER. EVER" when I put my foot down about the enormous sand mound that the other kids were playing on. I mean I just couldn't wrap my brain around dealing with pounds of sand on my kids and in my car. Call me crazy. Just a little hiccup though.

UNTIL...

We got back to the car and I noticed that the cash I had sitting right inside my purse was gone.

When we first got to the place and were getting out of the car, Ray handed me like $50 cash and I set it right inside my purse. He saw me and I remember specifically doing it AND where I put it. We searched and searched and searched and it was gone. It is just so freakin' unbelievable to me that people steal from other people. In broad daylight. In the parking lot of a place where you take your children to have a good day; where families go to make memories. What kind of person decides that fifty dollars is worth tarnishing an otherwise joyful day? What type of person comes to the conclusion that it is somehow acceptable for them to steal the hard-earned money of MY family? I just don't get it and I don't think that I ever will. Funny thing is, if you are so desperate for money and you just ASKED me for it, I would probably give it to you. But to just STEAL it...freakin' ridiculous.

And so, we made some amazing memories yesterday that I will NOT allow to be tarnished by some jerk-off with no conscience!

Until next time...CNS

No comments: